Critter Corner — Featuring Saki and Alley
Today we introduce our newest furry felines — Siamese cats Saki and Alley. Saki and Alley are nine years old, and belong to Jeannie Caldwell, Director of Client Services here at the Farr Law Firm. Saki and Alley were litter mates and Jeannie adopted them when they were just four weeks old. They are very sweet and smart and love all the attention they get from staff and friendly clients at the firm. Not only can they answer your questions, Saki is even able to say the word “mom” and Alley can open doors. We encourage you to visit us and meet these extraordinary critters!
Dear Saki and Alley,
What advice would you give someone who works at a desk all day? I love what I do, but when I am sitting at my desk, I sometimes get a crick in the neck or pain in my back. Besides hiring a personal masseuse or buying one of those really cool massage chairs and having them deliver it directly to my office, what do you suggest I do?
All my best,
Our experience as pets at The Law Firm of Evan Farr has taught us a lot about easing the stress and aches and pains associated with a desk job. For a change of scenery, we visit different offices throughout the day. When we are not being petted by lawyers and happy clients, or happily accepting treats (we like the salmon variety), we are observing our extended family – the staff of the firm! These are some tips we would give you, or anyone who works at a desk all day:
- S-t-r-e-t-c-h your body several times a day! While seated, stretch both arms over your head for 20-30 seconds. Close your door and march in place for 60 seconds. Remember…no cheating…get those knees up!
- Get your paws moving during your lunch break! Take a walk or take the steps instead of the elevator.
- On the weekend or when you get home from work, take a cat nap or go to sleep early and you will feel great after a good night sleep!
- Go home and pat your cat (or we hate to say it…dog). Animals (particularly cats) are a great way to relieve stress.
- Take a deep breath and make today a purrfect day!
For some stress relief and to see some beautiful Siamese cats (and an adorable 6 month old bunny named Pancake (a.k.a Bun Bun), we encourage you to stop by The Law Firm of Evan Farr and pet us all. We are soft, friendly, loving, and will return the favor with purrs and kisses. Looking forward to seeing you in the waiting room!
Saki and Alley
P.S. Those massage chairs are great for scratching!